Our summer staff are the heart and soul of our programs. We empower our team members to pursue their dreams while they make a difference in our participant’s lives, this is so much more than a summer job. The ideal team member is dedicated to the Dream Careers mission, is energetic, hardworking, has relevant skills and moral character but above all is the epitome of a team player.
Applicants are expected to be available for the entire duration of the program (8 weeks plus 1 week of training) and participate in our Dream Careers Leadership Training Series prior to the program start date. Qualified applicants must agree to a background check. All team members will also be expected to adhere to our DCI Code of Conduct for the duration of the summer.
To get insight into life as a Dream Careers Staff Member, check out what some of our past staffers have to say about their experiece through our Staff Testimonials.
We are recruiting candidates for the programs listed below. Dream Careers assigns candidates to programs based on knowledge and familiarity with program and city.
|PROGRAM||STAFF START DATE||STAFF END DATE|
|Barcelona||June 6, 2017||August 5, 2017|
|Boston||May 31, 2017||July 29, 2017|
|Chicago||May 31, 2017||July 29, 2017|
|Hong Kong||May 28, 2017||July 29, 2017|
|London||June 5, 2017||August 5, 2017|
|Los Angeles||May 30th, 2017||July 30th, 2017|
|Miami||May 31, 2017||July 29, 2017|
|New York City||May 31, 2017||July 29, 2017|
|Paris||May 29, 2017||July 31, 2017|
|Washington DC||May 31, 2017||July 29, 2017|
Program Specific Requirements:
- Barcelona: Some Spanish fluency preferred
- Hong Kong: Some Mandarin/Cantonese fluency preferred but not required
- Los Angeles: Must have a clean driving record. Driving is part of the daily job requirements
- Paris: French fluency preferred
Benefits of our 2017 Dream Careers Staff Internship Program
- Professional benefits will include training and on-field experience in the areas of event execution, event marketing, resident advising, customer service, hospitality & tourism as well as team management
- Room & board in your participating program
- Travel and meal Stipend
- Networking Opportunities and Informational Interviews (contingent of successful evaluations)
- Recommendations & references (contingent on successful evaluation and completion of program)
- Travel and make a difference in the lives of our students….do work that matters!
Dream Careers Roles & Teams
Dream Careers team members serve in multiple roles and capacities throughout the summer. We value specialized skills, as well as general skills. All team members are expected to go above and beyond in the areas of leadership, event management, marketing, media and promotions, resident advising, customer service and team and community building.
Click on the links below to read through the roles we’re looking to fill in each program. In the application you will be asked to rank which specialized role suits you based on relevant skills and qualifications and/or if you would like to fill a general role- which encompasses all. In our smaller programs where less Dream Careers Staff are required, we will have a greater need for staff who will serve in all specialized capacities. You will be selected to join a program before getting assigned your specific role and team.
If you've staffed a program before and you're submitting an application as a returning staff member please complete this application, otherwise click on Apply Now below: Returning Staff Application
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline to submit an application is Monday, December 12th.